Love Your Library: Celebrate National Library Week!
National Library Week begins Sunday, April 8 and runs through Saturday, April 14. Whether you’re a regular at your local branch or simply an occasional browser, you’re encouraged to celebrate with these family-friendly programs at your library:
- Head over to the North Tampa Branch Library and “Become a Library Detective” with a scavenger hunt for kids. The fun runs all day, every day until April 14. Check the branch’s web page for operating hours.
- Share your library experiences any time between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. at the Robert W. Saunders, Sr. Public Library and post them to the “building.” Light refreshments will be provided.
- Celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Temple Terrace Library with elected officials, civic leaders, former library staff and — you! — at a public reception from 1 to 3 p.m.
- Come to the West Tampa Branch Library between 3 and 5 p.m. to share your library experiences and post them for others to read. Enjoy light refreshments during your visit.
- Celebrate the Temple Terrace Library’s 50th anniversary with crafts, stories and songs from 6:30 to 7 p.m.
- Post your library stories and enjoy light refreshments at the C. Blythe Andrews, Jr. Public Library from 3 to 5 p.m.
- Play a few rounds of “Library Catalog BINGO!” at the North Tampa Branch Library from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Look up authors in the catalog and write their book titles on the squares to win.
- Listen to the fascinating stories of Hillsborough County Historian and former long-time Temple Terrace resident Dr. Gary Mormino at the Temple Terrace Public Library at 6:30 p.m.
- Learn to draw cartoons with local artist Leah Lopez from 3 to 4 p.m. at the Upper Tampa Bay Regional Library. Materials will be provided.
- Hit the Library History Road Show at the Temple Terrace Public Library. Bring your photographs, memorabilia, and stories to be digitized and added to the Tampa-Hillsborough County Public Library Collection. Visit any time between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- Turn Friday the 13th into a day of good fun at North Tampa Branch Library’s fortune telling program, featuring hand-folded paper fortune cookies.
- Read to a great listener—a dog! Children can hone their skills taking turns reading to a canine visitor at the Bloomingdale Regional Public Library’s Tail Waggin’ Tutors session from 4 to 5 p.m.
- Drop in to the Bloomingdale Regional Public Library’s National Library Week Open House between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Meet staff and community partners and enter to win a variety of door prizes, including an e-book reader!
- See a performance of “The Amazing True Tale of the Big Bad Wolf,” a fairytale mashup put on by the Teen Advisory Board of the New Tampa Regional Library. The half hour program begins at 11 a.m.
- Watch as a winner is determined at the Grand Finale! Teen Talent Show. First and second place winners of Teen Talent Shows throughout the county come together to battle it out for the top spot at the John F. Germany Public Library from 2 to 5 p.m.
- Join in on earth-friendly activities and crafts at South Shore Regional Library’s Celebrate Earth Day program from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m.
For more information about these and other FREE programs @ your library®, call (813) 273-3652 or visit http://www.hcplc.org/.
Entry filed under: Children's Programs, Programs & Events. Tags: Bloomingdale Regional Public Library, C. Blythe Andrews, John F. Germany Public Library, Jr. Public Library, National Library Week, New Tampa Regional Library, North Tampa Branch Library, Robert W. Saunders, South Shore Regional Library, Sr. Public Library, Temple Terrace Library, Upper Tampa Bay Regional Library, West Tampa Branch Library.